PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ERROR: while upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04

likewinthomas
March 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi,

My system got hanged while upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04 due to which i restarted my machine. Now when I am trying to upgrade it is not updating not only that it is showing some error like : partial upgrade due to some error in previous updating. Even I am getting error while opening the text editor, it is not at all opening.

Some body please help me how to overcome this problem.

Thank you

Likewin

TeoBigusGeekus
March 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Open a terminal and post us the output of

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

anewguy
March 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
And remember 12.04 still is not production mode software.

tbhatia4
March 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hi,

My system got hanged while upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04 due to which i restarted my machine. Now when I am trying to upgrade it is not updating not only that it is showing some error like : partial upgrade due to some error in previous updating. Even I am getting error while opening the text editor, it is not at all opening.

Thank you

Likewin

you made a backup file before upgrading??

matt_symes
March 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hi

As an addendum to Teo's post

sudo apt-get install -f

may help as well.

As anewguy said, it's a pre-release version.

If you are asking this question, are you sure 12.04 is right for you ?

Kind regards

anewguy
March 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
you made a backup file before upgrading??

I like this - after all the years - see my "dumb" post for what NOT to do to install 12.04! ;)

Dave ;)

NikTh
March 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hi ,
you can also try
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade then apt will try to install any dependencies probably missing.

philinux
March 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Thank you

Likewin

Try this.

sudo dpkg --configure -a