PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation trouble with 11.04

sandesh.sboa
March 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hi all ,

I used a USB to install Ubuntu on my HP DV6 laptop . I have windows 7 home premium already installed in it. But when I try to install with the USB , I cannot find windows 7 mentioned in the drives where I choose to install Ubuntu. I checked with a couple of vids on you tube and all of them had this option of " install along side windows 7" and you can just slide the bar to allocate the memory for each OS.

Can you please help me out in this regard. I'm badly in need to install Ubuntu as soon as possible as I want to use open foam software .

critin
March 16th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hi all ,

I used a USB to install Ubuntu on my HP DV6 laptop . I have windows 7 home premium already installed in it. But when I try to install with the USB , I cannot find windows 7 mentioned in the drives where I choose to install Ubuntu. I checked with a couple of vids on you tube and all of them had this option of " install along side windows 7" and you can just slide the bar to allocate the memory for each OS.

Can you please help me out in this regard. I'm badly in need to install Ubuntu as soon as possible as I want to use open foam software .

I used a USB to install Ubuntu on my HP DV6 laptop

Did you already install ubuntu? Or is this just the iso?

But when I try to install with the USB , I cannot find windows 7 mentioned in the drives where I choose to install Ubuntu.

Boot into Windows and see which drive Windows is on.

I suggest you wait for good advice before acting, it's easy to lose Windows if you aren't experienced with partitions. Search the forums here for answers too. Good luck.