PDA

View Full Version : Audacity on ubuntui

Konchok Penday
March 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I made about 100 files from C-90 cassette tapes. Now I want to edit the files and get the final versions ready to place on the web. I want to make a "DONE" directory to place the final versions in, but I can't see how to create that directory.

Some directories make it easy to create a new directory: there is while space on the files list and clicking on that gives you a new directory choice. Some pages have a create directory button to click.

However my file list has NO while space to click on, and NO option I can find to create a new directory. How does that work?

This is driving me crazy!

oldos2er
March 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Easily done in a terminal
mkdir ~/DONE I'm not sure what "files list" and "pages" refers to, nor what they might have to do with Audacity?

mikewhatever
March 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
You can switch from 'list' to 'icons' mode in most file browsers. Try the 'View' menu (alt-v), and make sure the directory you create is inside your home folder.

yetiman64
March 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Even in list view with a full window you can use the keyboard combination ctrl+shift+n to make a new folder. As soon as it appears it is ready to edit the title, just type in the name and press enter to accept the name and again to open the folder.

If you are exporting directly from audacity the export file window has a "create folder" button on the top right of the window. See screenshot attached, though I suspect your problem is with the list view in nautilus (just in case :))

Bucky Ball
March 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Welcome.

In Nautilus: File>Create Folder???

I am a bit confused by the explanation though, sorry. ;)

PS: Audacity does work fine in Windows also ...