PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Printing more than 1 page in LibreOffice

Ganeshx
March 10th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hey. I am trying to print a one page document from LibreOffice. It works, but it will only print one at a time, no matter how many I set. I need about 55-60 copies printed by tomorrow morning, and it seems a bit tedious to print one at a time.

Any fixes?

Script Warlock
March 10th, 2012, 03:54 AM
have you set the range and copies properly? like all documents and number of copies.

_0R10N
March 10th, 2012, 04:15 AM
In the bottom-right corner of your printing options windows there's an option to set the number of copies you want.

Ganeshx
March 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
have you set the range and copies properly? like all documents and number of copies.

Yes. I've checked so many times now.

In the bottom-right corner of your printing options windows there's an option to set the number of copies you want.

I realize this. It still only prints one copy, no matter how many I set.

Ganeshx
March 10th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Bump.

critin
March 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Bump.

Troubleshoot the printer through its Help page/site/manual

roger_1960
March 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Hi Ganeshx

You are not alone!

I have the same problem with Libreoffice and 10.04 with a Brother DCPJ315W. Very strangely, my other Ubuntu 11.10 PC and a Macbook print multiple copies fine to the same printer using Libreoffice.

I looked on the Brother site and found a thread which said (for Openoffice) to tick the "collate copies" box when printing. This didn't work for me, but you could try it. Otherwise do post back if you find the answer.

gymka
March 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
after update to libreoffice 3.5 i'm too have this problem. earlier everything was ok, before libreoffice update everythin gworked.

kurt18947
March 18th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I wonder if there's an issue with Libre Office and Brother's printer drivers talking to one another. I have a problem with envelopes. I tell Libre Office I want to use a #10 envelope. Print preview shows correct formatting. The Brother printer is determined that I want to print a DL envelope :mad:. My fix (it's a PITA) is to go to printing -> right-click the printer icon, left-click 'properties', then left click the appropriate category. For copies, it's under 'job options'. For paper size/type, it's 'printer options'.

Azdour
March 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hi,

We are also having this issue on two separate printers (HP and Samsung). It seems the ppa version of LibreOffice has a bug in it:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46904

Its kind of frustrating that a bug so simple to test for has slipped through the net....

Edit: Looks like libreoffice 3.5.1 has been released. Lets hope that by the time it makes it to the PPA that this bug is fixed

Azdour
March 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Looks like the issue has not been fixed in the 3.5.1 update.

Pilot6
March 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM
This issue can be easily fixed.

You need to edit file /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf

Replace
;PSLevel=0

by

PSLevel=2

roger_1960
March 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hi

Thanks - that works! For anyone else, you do need to delete the semi colon at the start of the line as well as change 0 to 2.

Open the file for editing in terminal with

gksudo gedit /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf
and enter your password. Edit and save.

Azdour
March 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately that did not work for me, I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, LibreOffice 3.5.1.2

roger_1960
March 28th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hi again

It worked on 3.5.0 build 13. with 10.04 I havn't done the last update yet - I'll try soon.

roger_1960
March 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hi

Just did the latest update.

Now using
LibreOffice 3.5.1.2
Build ID: 350m1(Build:102)

and it (see posts #12 and #13) still works...multiple copies print as expected.

Azdour
March 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hi,

That's really strange. I have the same version as you and I've tried a number of things including the fix in #12 but if I have a single page document and ask for 2 copies I only get one.

Pilot6
March 28th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi

Thanks - that works! For anyone else, you do need to delete the semi colon at the start of the line as well as change 0 to 2.

Open the file for editing in terminal with

gksudo gedit /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf
and enter your password. Edit and save.
What do you mean by this? Just open the file and close it? PSLevel sets printer language from PDF to Postscript level 3. You may try level 1 or 2 depending on your printer.
PSLevel=0 sets PDF instead of driver default.
With postscript it seems OK with multiple copies.

roger_1960
March 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi Pilot6

I meant just to explain how to edit the file according to your earlier post, by edit, I meant change the line

; PSLevel=0

to

PSLevel=2

as you suggested.

Pilot6
March 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hi,

That's really strange. I have the same version as you and I've tried a number of things including the fix in #12 but if I have a single page document and ask for 2 copies I only get one.

My method "does not work" after you use spadmin. You need to clenup after it.
Delete file psprint.conf from ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user

and remove new lines starting with name of you printer in [] in /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf

Or just change PSLevel in ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user

Azdour
March 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Pilot6,

Thanks for the help on this issue.

Delete file psprint.conf from ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user

There is no psprint.conf file located there.

remove new lines starting with name of you printer in [] in /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf

I'm not sure what you are asking here. I've looked at /etc/libreoffice/psprint.conf and the only things in [] are [__Global_Printer_Defaults__]
and [Generic Printer]. There is nothing that mentions the name of the printer I use.

Pilot6
March 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM
It seems that you did not use any setup programs. So, you just need to remove ; and change 0 to 2. Do not use 3, since it seems not to work.

Azdour
March 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I have already followed post #12. That was the first thing I tried...

Curtis6767
March 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm on 12.04 with latest 3.5.1.2

I had problem printing multiple copies, but went into Properties and then Device and changed the default PDF to PostScript(level from driver)

I also un-checked Collate, but I'm not sure that had anything to do with this.

Printing multiples now but having to go into Device each time and select PostScript.

dysfunctional but works until a fix comes along, I guess.

Pilot6
March 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I posted how to set defaults to postscript. Not to have to change it every time you print.

Curtis6767
March 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Got it working by changing the '0' to '2'.

Thanks

Joshun
April 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Can I just say thanks to everyone who posted this, it's such a simple fix, and has saved my day!
:popcorn: :guitar: :KS

Azdour
April 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I can now happily confirm that it is fixed and post #12 did the trick. Our setup here is slightly different as we use DRBL. I had to refresh all the psprint.conf for all the clients. Thanks Pilot6.