PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 Search Engine Google

gumshoegrant
March 8th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I have used Google Search Engine till couple of months ago. Presently using Yahoo Search and today when I started to type a name of a previous search in the search engine window at the top right of Firefox and hit enter I noticed at the bottom left corner of the browser that the search was being conducted by Google.
I tried other names to be searched but they were conducted by Yahoo. What would cause this behavior?

Could this certain name searched have been previously searched by the google engine and it now defaults to that? If so how do I erase the 'memory' of all my searches that come up when using the top right search engine window?

thank you

winh8r
March 9th, 2012, 02:09 AM
If you go into Firefox Edit> Preferences > Privacy you can set firefox to "never remember history" or set it to your own custom settings of what to remember and what to delete.

The "clear current history" option will also provide you with an instant way to remove various instances of saved data too.

You can also add and remove search engines from the search box in the top right hand corner of the browser.

Try using a search engine like

https://startpage.com/

to get the benefit of google results without directly accessing google.

hope this helps you.