PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Missing window header bar in UStudio11.10

Noobuntu79
March 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone.

I appear to be suffering from the same problem as the OP in this thread - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1877276 - I have no window header bar and therefore no min/max/close buttons. However I am not having the same success in trying to remedy...

I tried 'compiz --replace' in a terminal, terminal told me I didn't have compiz and to try 'sudo apt-get install compiz-core' I tried this, terminal told me it couldn't locate package...

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Steve

EzioAuditore
March 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Have you tried metacity --replace ?

Noobuntu79
March 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the reply...

Once again I'm getting the same terminal behaviour....
'metacity not installed. you can install it by typing sudo apt-get install metacity'
'sudo apt-get install metacity'
'unable to locate package metacity'

At first I thought it might be a connectivity issue, and then I realised that I'm posting on here without any issue and so therefore it can't be that lol

EzioAuditore
March 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Are you able to do 'sudo apt-get update' (w/o the quotes) ?

Noobuntu79
March 9th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Everything is all splendid again.....many thanks :)

EzioAuditore
March 10th, 2012, 03:26 AM
well that's good.
Would be nice if you could post how you solved that as it'd be beneficial for others in case they run into same problem. :)

Noobuntu79
March 11th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Yes of course - I ran sudo apt-get update as you suggested then after it finished updating I ran sudo apt-get install metacity and metacity --replace... Worked like a charm this time, not sure why it didn't run the first time but this brought back the header and buttons.

Thanks again

EzioAuditore
March 12th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Yes of course - I ran sudo apt-get update as you suggested then after it finished updating I ran sudo apt-get install metacity and metacity --replace... Worked like a charm this time, not sure why it didn't run the first time but this brought back the header and buttons.

Thanks again

Your welcome. Glad i could help.

proEndreeper
June 1st, 2012, 01:20 AM
This was very helpful, and I think this is caused by wine being opened or something.