PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] virtual screen size ?

filtermonk
March 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
hello,

i am running ubuntu studio 11.10 on a laptop with 1300 something resolution....

the problem is that i cannot see all of ffado mixer. is it possible to make something like a virtual bigger screen so i can scroll down to set the mixer options in ffado... or is it possible to set the mixer settings by a textfile for example...

thanks for every help

regards mark

filtermonk
March 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
this is not a joke, this is real...

i am still looking for a solution... i can not use the ffado mixer on my laptop because the screen wont fit... you can enlarge the ffado mixer screen to full screen mode, but this results into crap... the faders become invisible small... absolutely useless

isn`t there any chance to do something? i don`t buy a external screen just because the ffado mixer gui is a peace of crap, sry but it is

this is so frustrating

filtermonk
March 11th, 2012, 12:59 AM
please have a look at the attached screen shot to see what the problem is, thanks

filtermonk
March 11th, 2012, 01:23 AM
i have found a solution... my english is not good but i try to explain best what i did...

i dragged the ffado mixer window a liitle further down, so i could go with the mouse on the top border of the window and resize it down a little, but just a little.. after i dragged the ffado mixer up again and now i see the faders

so stupid, so silly, i just figured out by accident

so you resize the ffado window a little down and then drag it up to bring the invisible stuff in the visible area.. but just as much as you need otherwise it looks like the 2nd picture from the above postet screenshot

hope this helps anyone how comes along the same...

cfhowlett
March 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM
This is a virtual machine? In virtualbox, you can't achieve native display resolution without installing the guest addition extensions...

filtermonk
March 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
i can remember about it.. it was many many years ago, but it was in our world, maybe it was a thing of the graphics card driver, but it was...
it was like that, that you could say my phisical screen is so and so resolution (of course) and then you could also say but give me a virtual screenresolution of so and so...

of course the screen would not fit either but as soon as you went with the mouse to the edge of the phisical area of the screen, you scrolled down...

how ever