PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] su works but not sudo

markzombie82
February 26th, 2012, 05:11 AM
but i got my spare lap top running unbuntu 11.10 because the old windoze was crap and didnt work fc's all the time. So i flipped this pc to ubuntu im not a super noob to this cause i root my android phones. I love it but the whole pc side of it escapes me any advice on getting unbuntu 11.10 to get the mac theam would be much apreciated from what i can tell thats the coolest theame these days and i would like to rock it out.
note all the tutorials use sudo in the commands and my pc only recongizes su so ive been hacking away at half *** tutourials thinking im going to get some were if some one has advice on how t get sudo working maybe that could work
so sudo is not working got su to work and im trying to get the mac theame to work
all in all its been fun playing with unbuntu
the security and simplicity are #1

edit: got the cairio dock and thats enough for me.
im still curious as to why sudo didnt work oh well.

Jerry N
February 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
How about some punctuation and capitalization so we can read this?

markzombie82
February 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Insert caps and punctuations wow I was unawear of the number of people on hear I think there have been an intire page of questions after mine like in about 6 hours so good luck right.

Drowz0r
February 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM

Not everyone is able to type as articulated as you'd like. It's quite easy to see what he's after:

He has a laptop running ubuntu 11.10 and needs some advice on getting the mac theme.

He's tried but can't get "sudo" to work, only "su".

Sorry I can't help you markzombie82 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1563198) but a lot of people are quite helpful here and should be able to post something useful.

mrgs
February 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the translation, Drowz0r.

Markzombie82, if you want an answer you can help yourself by taking your time to write a short and clear question and by choosing an informative title. I have changed the latter for you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1422475

If it is a struggle just to understand what the question is about, people tend to skip it.

Gone fishing
February 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I'm wondering why sudo doesn't work? Is your user an admin user?