PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AOD257 VGA driver

battlechaser
February 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM
is there such a driver for my AOD257? ubuntu 11.10 is not recognizing the video card. Sorry if this thread has already been answer im new to ubuntu. If anyone could provide me with this information i would greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance.

Gone fishing
February 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Doesn't this use Intel video which is supported natively by Linux - what problems are you having?

gordintoronto
February 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
"ubuntu 11.10 is not recognizing the video card."

What makes you believe this? Can you see anything on the screen?

battlechaser
February 25th, 2012, 01:17 AM
When i go into the system info the graphics tab says unknown. also when i try to run zsnes its super slow and choppy. Or is it because its linux? my graphics card is Intel N10 Family Graphics controller. i thought that ubuntu 11.10 would run faster than windows 7 ultimate, but win 7 seems to run faster and supported the graphics better.

Mark Phelps
February 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
System info is unreliable -- do NOT use it.

If Linux were really NOT recognizing your video chipset, instead of a graphical desktop, you would be seeing only a command line interface.

Since you didn't mention having only a command line interface, then Linux IS recognizing your video chipset and has already installed a working driver.

battlechaser
February 25th, 2012, 11:41 PM
oh i get it okay, thank you very much for clarifying..i was so confused because it said unknown. :)