PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics problems with Ubuntu on HP Pavilion dv6-6140us

somecoolname
February 24th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Hi. I hope this is the right forum. I'm trying to install and get the drivers to work on my Hp Pavilion dv6 6140. I roughly went off of this guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1893523

I deviated by using 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Everything went through great until after I installed it. After I installed I tried to do what he said and set it to recovery mode, then resume normal boot and then hold shift. But it never did anything.

So instead I did a recovery boot and then selected to do root terminal. After I got that I proceeded to try and edit sources but it wouldn't let me save saying it was read only. I tried numerous times to use chmod but it kept on saying it was read only.

I can only get to terminal because it just gives me a black screen if I try to boot normally. Please help me!!! I've been using Windows for the last few weeks and it's been driving me crazy. I need to get this to work. Thanks.