PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unetbootin

vagelism
February 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hello to all!
Is there any issue with Unetbootin? I try to insall various default selections of bootable iso files and nothing seems to work with my usb drive.
I have change the booting setings on BIOS to boot from USB , in some cases it seems to start to boot and nothing happent.
Is there any other reliable way of making from ISO files bootable USB drive?
Thank you for your help!

yeats
February 23rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Is there any issue with Unetbootin? I try to insall various default selections of bootable iso files and nothing seems to work with my usb drive.

Can you describe what's not working? Have you tried using another USB drive?

Stovey
February 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
Hi. I find UNetBootin tends to work. However, sometimes I have to try to boot the USB several times before it works. Very often it "hangs" on a black screen with one line of writing across the top.

You can also try pendrivelinux.com, although I think this is for Windows only.

vagelism
February 24th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Well I never didnt try other usb drive since this one works fine on other windows programs for the same job!

mastablasta
February 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM
you can try linuxliveUSB as well (windows only i believe).

perhapos the USB drive is not bootable or perhaps if you used windows some antivirus programme interfered during liveUSB creation. it is hard to tell. sometimes though ocmputers simply refuse to bot form USB despite the option being availabel and despite the USB drive working fine.
you if you have a floppy disk or a CD you could try PLOP boot manager. you then boot for example form CD into this manager first and then select USB drive as boot device.

vagelism
February 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I tried the multisystem liveusb and works really great!!!
Thank you!