PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Disk Usage Analyzer

retrorock
February 22nd, 2012, 09:14 PM
I love the disk usage analyzer's ring chart. But it would be super awesome if it were like attached to the folders menu. Like you could click on a folder and the disk usage analyzer would show you how much memory that folder uses and what files are taking up the most/least, without always having the disk usage analyzer opened. I'm looking around to see if anyone else has done this or something similar but I'm not really finding much.

retrorock
February 22nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ok, my writing's a little confusing, so I made a picture of my thought.

Enjoy, and please share thoughts and ideas. :D

forrestcupp
February 22nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Over here (http://blogs.gnome.org/thos/2008/06/09/nautilus-extensions-are-easy/) somebody actually made a patch for Nautilus that added the Disk Usage Analyzer to the right-click context menu. It's a few years old, though, and I wouldn't know how to use the patch. Evidently, they didn't incorporate the idea because people were whining about the context menu being too cluttered. My thoughts are that if an extension is made, and someone installs the extension, it would mean that they want another thing in their context menu.

It's not what you have in your head, but I think it's the closest we're going to get.

retrorock
February 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks so much!