PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity and LXDE together, ,monitor power save, switching users issues

RayDeCampo
February 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hello,

Although I have no problem with Unity and want to continue using it, my wife is not a fan. So I installed LXDE on our shared desktop and set her session to use it. We usually both remain logged in and switch between the sessions.

I have noticed that when my wife is logged in and leaves the computer for a while the monitor is never put in power save mode. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Switching users from LXDE to Unity (i.e. her to me) usually results is a blinking cursor screen and I resort to using Ctrl-Alt-F7 to find my session. Going the other way works. So this is not a big deal, I can work around it.

But I would like to resolve the monitor power save issue.

Frogs Hair
February 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I has been suggested on other forums the you may need to install the latest gnome power settings in LXDE if not already .

RayDeCampo
February 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I has been suggested on other forums the you may need to install the latest gnome power settings in LXDE if not already .

I have the package gnome-power-manager installed already, is there something else I am missing?