PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] connecting virtual UBUNTU server from win32 machine

spydev
February 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hay,

I am new to Linux command line, just familiar with Linux desktop environment not command line. My problem is

Our client in different country provided us a VPN connection which we connect through Sonicwall net-extender. I am using windows xp 32 bit.

After that i use putty to connect to the client's linux server (ubuntu) through ssh who have a static local IP 192.168.x.x and i get connected to linux command line interface. Then i install tightVNC server from command line to ubuntu and run it, then i use tightvnc viewer for windows to connect to unbuntu desktop (gnome) and i get connected.

The problem is whenever i tried to use any application the tightvnc window get suddenly close before the application launch and sometimes it give message "Connection closed" and sometime it doesn't give any message. Only few application works like package installer and some of settings, not even desktop sharing option is working.

I want to configure mysql database and web application in that ubuntu server, its Ubuntu 11.10

Can somebody guide me regarding this?
Thanx in advance