PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu solved all my problems

evand
June 9th, 2006, 12:21 AM
thanks to dapper and some wonderful howtos on this site, my computer now does everything i need it to do quickly and efficiently, all my hardware works, there are absolutely no outstanding problems.

so my question is: what do i do with all this time i used to spend "fixing the computer" ?

:-D

nanotube
June 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
thanks to dapper and some wonderful howtos on this site, my computer now does everything i need it to do quickly and efficiently, all my hardware works, there are absolutely no outstanding problems.

so my question is: what do i do with all this time i used to spend "fixing the computer" ?

spend it not staring at your computer screen? ;)

or, if you insist on spending that time in front of your computer anyway, you could code something up, or write some essays, or help out on these forums, or read some ebooks. the possibilities are endless. ;)

glotz
June 9th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Haha, good post!

I suggest you join the Ubuntu forces and start writing those how-tos and wiki pages! :)

Or even get a girl friend...

?????
June 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM
What should I write a howto on? Maybe something about firefox?

Patrick-Ruff
June 9th, 2006, 03:06 AM
meh, its easy to work countless hours on Linux and have a gf. I did it for quite a while, surprisingly she dumped me over christianity... lol. don't worrie it wasent lack of attention lol. she got plenty of attention ;)

briancurtin
June 9th, 2006, 03:12 AM
what though? you install it, and you click on it. theres not much to it.

sherlock-holmes
June 9th, 2006, 03:17 AM

if a wine bottle and its lid cost $1.10 total and the wine bottle is $1.00 more than the lid, whats the cost of the bottle?:rolleyes:

glotz
June 9th, 2006, 03:18 AM
meh, its easy to work countless hours on Linux and have a gf. I did it for quite a while, surprisingly she dumped me over christianity... lol. don't worrie it wasent lack of attention lol. she got plenty of attention ;)

Just like mine! (well, she didn't dump me over christianity though...) :-\"

nanotube
June 9th, 2006, 05:32 AM
write a howto on something that you had to do but did not find a good howto on. :)