PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] google-music-manager on a Ubuntu Server without GUI, only CLI

nukleuzN
February 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi.

I'm using Ubuntu Server 11.04 on a media server solution at home. This media server streams my music wireless at home through various proctols; DAAP, DLNA etc.

But... I would love to stream my music with the Google Music framework as well - since I have an Android 4.0 based phone wich have Google Music Player pre-installed. But this seems to be a mess on system that is only CLI based.

joachim@custom-media-server:/tmp$ sudo dpkg -i gmm.deb(Reading database ... 63222 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace google-musicmanager-beta 1.0.24.7712-r0 (using gmm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement google-musicmanager-beta ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of google-musicmanager-beta:
google-musicmanager-beta depends on libqt4-network (>= 4:4.5.3); however:
Package libqt4-network is not installed.
google-musicmanager-beta depends on libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.6.1); however:
Package libqtcore4 is not installed.
google-musicmanager-beta depends on libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.5.3); however:
Package libqtgui4 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing google-musicmanager-beta (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
google-musicmanager-beta
joachim@custom-media-server:/tmp$ sudo apt-get install libqt4-network libqtcore4 libqtgui4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libqt4-network : Depends: libqt4-dbus (= 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.3) but it is not going to be installed
libqtgui4 : Depends: libaudio2 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmng1 (>= 1.0.10) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: appmenu-qt but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

DAAP works OK when Im not at home, but the DAAP Music Player for Android or Banshee DAAP-plugin is not working well. Bad caching, not easy to create "offline playlists". Probably a limitation within the DAAP-protocol.

Anyone knows if there is possible to run/sync the Google Music Manager from a server (cli-based)? Dont want to store my music on both my laptop and my server. My laptop only has a 120 GB SSD harddrive, and I need my space to other more important files.

EDIT: Actually. I just want the "sync to google music cloud" option, not to play music from the server itself. The server doesn't have any speakers connected to it.

swmiller6
March 6th, 2012, 05:01 AM
I installed the google-musicmanager deb file (run this command to get dependencies "sudo apt-get -f install") then add this command to cron

google-musicmanager -a <gmail address> -p <password> -s <path-to-music-to-upload> -m <name of my server> x11vnc -display :2 -bg -nopw -listen localhost -xkb
It is working really well, I also use beets to tag my collection which works awesome.

nukleuzN
March 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi,

Thanx for your reply! Doesn't seem to work, unfortunally!

This is how my crontab looks like:

1,21,41 * * * * google-musicmanager -a MyUsername@gmail.com -p MyPassword -s /media/MiniDLNA/DLNA/Music -m CustomMediaServer x11vnc -display :2 -bg -nopw -listen localhost -xkb

When I run the command in CLI:

google-musicmanager -a MyUsername@gmail.com -p MyPassword -s /media/MiniDLNA/DLNA/Music -m CustomMediaServer x11vnc -display :2 -bg -nopw -listen localhost -xkb
nothing seems to happens. No output!

Any clue on how I can debug?

nukleuzN
March 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hmm. Needed to install x11vnc:

sudo apt-get install x11vnc

And I also used a bash-script, instead:

http://development.giaever.org/pastebin/Ubuntu/google-musicmanager/install-gmm-headless.sh
http://development.giaever.org/pastebin/Ubuntu/google-musicmanager/gmm-headless-script.sh

swmiller6
June 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Is this setup still working for you? I took a update of google music manager beta and now it no longer uploads the music I add to my google account.

sanicki
October 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Is this setup still working for you? I took a update of google music manager beta and now it no longer uploads the music I add to my google account.

No longer working for me either.