PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] pureftpd AND vsftpd BOTH with the same error: passive port range

metafa
February 9th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hi @all,

I am really desperate at this point - I am searching on the web for about 6-7 hours now.

I installed EHCP (http://ehcp.net) and it works great - it also installed vsftpd with everything in it - mysql, authentication, tables, everything preinstalled, and works out of the box. But - declaring a passive port range does not work
pasv_min_port 65000 and
pasv_max_port 65500. I followed multiple tutorials, to set it up. I got passive mode working when I disable my firewall. When I dont - no chance. I always receive something like this on the client:
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,148,201). 148*256 = 37888+201 = 38089. So how is it possible that the port which is sent to the server is below 65000 ?

After hours of trying with different config settings and what not I said to myself whatever, let's try pureftpd. Installed it - works with the same user database, same authentication method - done, works when I disable the firewall. But has the SAME PROBLEM?? gave
/etc/pure-ftpd/conf/PassivePortRange
65000 65500 and when I restart the daemon it confirms it by saying Restarting ftp server:
Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-mysql -l mysql:/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf -l pam -8 UTF-8 -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -A -u 1000 -p 65000:65500 -E -B . But still ftp client receives
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,208,202) which comes down to port 53450. What is going on? How is it possible that 2 different softwares are giving the same error?

My system: Ubuntu Server 10.4, 32 bit

Can someone help here please.. At the moment I am really fustrated and my mind is blocked from ideas :( problem is, I have to have this running by tomorrow.. clients are waiting -.-

Many thanks in advance!