PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] /etc/apache2

puf
February 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hi all. I did the stupidest thing ever! I rm-rf my apache2 directory and now when i try to install apache2 or lamp it says everything is okay but there is no apache2 dir. What can i do to fix it. Btw i'm with Ubuntu Server 11.10. Thank you.

Lars Noodén
February 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
If you're using Apache 2.2, then you could try the following:

sudo apt-get --reinstall install apache2.2-common

That should replace any missing configuration files.

puf
February 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
.: 51: Can't open /etc/apache2/envvars

another error...

Lars Noodén
February 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I get the same thing. According to dpkg, it should belong to the package apache2.2-common, but re-installing had no effect. I'm not sure of a way around. It sure looks like a bug.

puf
February 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
i made to reinstall apache and get it working now i cant enable my public_html folder, i do chmode to the folder with 775 and try to

cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
sudo ln -s ../mods-available/userdir.load
sudo ln -s ../mods-available/userdir.conf

but it's still give me

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~sublime on this server.

This apache will kill me! :D

Lars Noodén
February 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Try enabling the module using a2enmod (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/oneiric/en/man8/a2enmod.8.html):

sudo a2enmod userdir

Also make sure to reload your server configuration after doing so.

puf
February 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM
its says that module is already enabled... maybe something with permissions can be done

Lars Noodén
February 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
You can open up a terminal and have the error messages running realtime. It might give more details.

tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log

But mod_userdir should work out of the box. Are your home directory and public_html set to 755 or 775?

puf
February 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
[Wed Feb 08 21:13:39 2012] [error] [client MY IP HERE] (13)Permission denied : access to /~sublime denied

Down errors are same, i think i must set my HOME directory to 755 or 775 but i dont know how to do that, i cant with chmod...

puf
February 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
i tried to chmod -R 755 or just chmod 755 * but i still cant open public_html in browser.... or i just dont know how to change permission for home directory :(

SeijiSensei
February 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Try this:

cd /home
sudo chmod 711 sublime
cd sublime
sudo chmod 755 public_html
sudo chmod -R 644 public_html/*
cd /home
sudo chown -R sublime.sublime sublime

I used sudo in case you managed to create a file or directory that wasn't actually owned by the sublime user.

711 permissions let anyone list the contents of a directory, which is required to navigate to a directory below it. I then made your public_html directory readable and listable by anyone; the following command applies the same permissions to any files and directories below /home/sublime/public_html.

Finally, just for good measure, I forced all files in /home/sublime to be owned by user sublime in group sublime. (The -R switch to chown or chmod "recurses" down the directory tree and changes the permissions on all files and directories starting with /home/sublime.)