PDA

View Full Version : PS2 controller on pSX .. HELP!

McDaid1916
January 31st, 2012, 11:02 PM
Hello, Ive installed pSX, and am trying to play THPS2, the game itself plays fine with the keyboard controls but when i plug in my ps2 controller it doesnt work. It doesn seem to recognise the controller, i was under the impression that a ps2 controller worked but i didnt get the vibration etc. Can someone put my on the right direction because im losing my mind trying to figure it out myself. Thanks :)

doorknob60
February 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
How do you have the PS2 controller plugged in? Is it with a USB adapter? (like this: http://theplaystationsite.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/The-Playstation-Site_5432.jpg ) Because I have a PS2 to USB adapter and it works out of the box like any other standard USB controller under Linux. Also, of course make sure all the controls are configured in the emulator.

yuki2012
February 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hello, Ive installed pSX, and am trying to play THPS2, the game itself plays fine with the keyboard controls but when i plug in my ps2 controller it doesnt work. It doesn seem to recognise the controller, i was under the impression that a ps2 controller worked but i didnt get the vibration etc. Can someone put my on the right direction because im losing my mind trying to figure it out myself. Thanks :)
Have you solve your problem?

McDaid1916
February 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
How do you have the PS2 controller plugged in? Is it with a USB adapter? (like this: http://theplaystationsite.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/The-Playstation-Site_5432.jpg ) Because I have a PS2 to USB adapter and it works out of the box like any other standard USB controller under Linux. Also, of course make sure all the controls are configured in the emulator.

Exactly what do you mean by configure, i went onto the settings and choose my joypad from the options(it was already preselelted) .. Yes that is the exact adapter i ordered off ebay, but when i plug in my ps2 controller it doesnt seem to work. The controller light is on, indicating it should work.