PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better

Rizz84
January 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Hello Friends,
I wana ask that if two processors Processor01 and Processor02 have same number of components but Processor01 had 16 registers on the other hand Processor02 has 64 registers. Which processor is best in terms of its speed, size and cost?

Take Care;)

MoreOrLess
January 21st, 2012, 03:24 AM
Why does this feel like a homework question?

WinuxUser
January 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM
Hello Friends,
I wana ask that if two processors Processor01 and Processor02 have same number of components but Processor01 had 16 registers on the other hand Processor02 has 64 registers. Which processor is best in terms of its speed, size and cost?

Take Care;)

I guess this question came out of the excitation of joining the forum and posting your first thread here....hehe...anyways, welcome to the forum Everyone .

Regarding your question, i would like to give u simplest example i ever know. Remember about 8085 microprocessor? they have less registers, maybe B,C,D,E,H,L, an accumulator, two temporary registers W and Z.......
and after that came 8086 series registers, which had quite modification and addition to functionality of existing 8085 processor. So it is clear that processor 02 has higher computation capacity as u get more registers to perform operations. ..and yes, it might be a homework question...lol....do some googling too....hehe

Regards,WinuxUser