PDA

View Full Version : Success with PCSX2 and Radeon driver?

rafe101
January 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Has anyone had trouble and then success running PCSX2 with Radeon open source drivers? I'm not sure if it's the problem; I'm sort of guessing.

However, PCSX2 used to crash when I first started playing with it, so I left it alone for a few months and it now works in as far as games load, the sound is fine and I see graphics. It's just that the graphics are indecipherable. I can sort of recognize the different menu screens and logos but they are very garbled.

I installed PCSX2 and its plugins through the repos and I have gone through every setting and hack individually but I can't get a single game to display clearly. In fact, besides slowing it down with a couple of the settings, I couldn't get the garbled mess to look any different at all.

I tried using a different video plugin than the ZZ OGL that came by default, but I don't think I made them correctly. I had some errors when using "make" on the source I got.

It is so close to working that I have my hopes up. Can anyone give me any suggestions to get it there?

mastergkage
January 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Also I'm planning to try that when i install ubuntu, i will monitor this thread when the answer arrived, whats the specs of your pc? I tried pcsx2 on win7 before and it works fine, the hardest part for me way back there was finding the bios for the ps2.

Problem I have encounter before was a very slow loading because I'm using a single core cpu, but after the change in system I can play Final fantasy x way back there.

rafe101
January 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to run it on my media center. The processor is okay (dual core 3Ghz) and I maxed out the memory because it was cheap (16 GB), but the video card is just the integrated Radeon HD 3300.

rafe101
January 27th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Okay, so I upgraded to 11.10 and the situation is greatly improved. It is still unplayable, however, as there is severe ghosting. I haven't found any settings or combination of settings to get rid of this ghosting/flickering problem yet.