PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dual monitors not working

netopalis45
January 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I have tried to set up dual monitors using the provided ATI Radeon drivers as root. When I did, it told me that I would have to reboot and now neither of my monitors will work. It will show the normal boot screen, usually on both screens, but when it gets to the logon screen everything is blank. I have tried unplugging one of the monitors during bootup but that didn't work. Please help.

UPDATE

I have tried reverting back to the built-in graphics card using the BIOS but that didn't work either. Both screens will go blank and then one of them will loose signal completely and go into standby. One of them is using DVI and the other one is VGA. I am currently running Ubuntu 10.10 on a Dell Inspirion 5100

ANOTHER UPDATE

I have completely removed the ATI drivers and actually removed the card several times. The most I can get is a terminal using the built-in graphics. After uninstalling the drivers the same thing still happens.

lisati
January 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM
Thread closed, OP has started new thread here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1912999