PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shotwell & Pictures

demian76
January 17th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hello, new to this forum and very sad.
Coming back from my holidays I cannot display the pictures I opened with Shotwell.
I simply plugged my SD card in my laptop and automatically Shotwell started and opened all my pictures in my SD card.
I thought that from then on my pictures where all in my laptop.
Then I deleted all the pictures in my SD card and I started again to shoot new pictures with my camera.
When I came back from my holidays in South Africa, I couldn't find any pictures in my laptop, no one.
I used also recoveryjpeg but I found nothing.
I was thinking I imported all the pictures with Shotwell.
With recoveryjpeg I restored 3000000 PICS, but no one is from my last trip.
PLEASE can somebody help me to find my pictures, can they be in some hidden folder?
PLEASE I'M DESPERATE.

Frogs Hair
January 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Check your imports on the left pane to see if there is anything for that date . As far as I know , import doesn't equal save to file . Just as if a document was saved on a removable device it can't be viewed again unless device is plugged in or the document is saved to a folder .

Shotwell will display missing files that have been saved at one point by selecting 'missing files.' but I don't see a way to restore them . The two options presented are search and remove .

eric-yorba
January 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
As long as you haven't written anything to the memory card, it should be possible to restore the deleted photos. If you just google it, there's dozens of utilities for this purpose.