PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nintento 64 Emulation on an older machine?

thenumbereight
January 17th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Hello all,

I've been working with mupen64plus for quite some time, and have been experiencing issues with choppy sound, as well as letters and numbers on menus showing up blurry or incorrect during game play. The sound issue is always, and the symbols issue is only in some games.

My laptop is a Dell Latitude D 520 bought back in 2006. I'm not sure how to pull up all my specs, but I think that can give you a pretty good idea of what type of integrated graphics I'm working with. I'm also using Ubuntu 10.04.

My question is: Would anyone be able to suggest parameters in the Mupen64Plus plug-ins for an older machine like mine? I really don't understand the options, and I especially don't know what kind of numbers I'm supposed to be using for audio buffering and sampling. I'm using Rice's Daedalus 1.5 for graphics configuration and JttL's SDL for audio configuration.

All I really desire is to be able to run N64 games smoothly in Ubuntu without any skipping. I'm totally willing to turn the graphics quality way down, as well as the audio quality, but I just don't really understand how to do so.

Thanks much!

-Tim

thenumbereight
January 17th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Nintendo* lol