PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] connect jack to a circuit simulator?

jzemeocala
January 11th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I have scoured the net and couldn't find much info about it. but can it be done?
For example could I simulate a simple audio circuit (like a fuzz face effect pedal) in a program like ngspice or gEDA and use JACK to route it to the inputs and outputs of a guitar recording program like audacity.

Thanks in advance for any help!;)

mmoraschi
January 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I think no, I'm not an expert but the software you want to connect to jack have to be designed for it otherwise you cant see in the connect windows.
Maybe is possible but you have to write the interface between the two software ... IMHO

jzemeocala
January 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
What about this:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2005/12/sound-synthesis-with-free-circuit-simulation-software/
It is merely a summary of an article that seems to be removed (or I just cant find it)
but it implies that someone, somewhere IS doing this with publicly available software.
My question now is if anybody out there that has enough knowledge of JACK and/or this program labVIEW or related programs, could help me to understand the steps I would need to take in surmounting such a task.