PDA

View Full Version : Gtkmm 3.0

theopfor
January 7th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Any way to use Gtkmm faster? I hate using multiple files. I have been trying out this one person's method that I saw on youtube. Instead of using multiple files, you just use
Gtk::Button button;

The problem is, I can't seem to edit the widgets. Any help?

theopfor
January 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Please?

pbrane
January 8th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking here. That code just creates a button. What does that have to do with multiple files? How are you trying to edit widgets?

And really I can't remember any Gtkmm apps that I've written in one file. I wrote a small app with 46 source files containing about 10,000 lines of code.

theopfor
January 8th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Okay, so the code I provided, creates a simple button, like you stated. That code doesn't have to be in it's own file, with a struct. I can't edit anything with it, when using that code alone, to create the button. So, how would I be able to use things like "pack_start" or "add" when using the code I provided, all in one file.

Gtk::Window window;
Gtk::Button save();
Gtk::Button open();
Gtk::Button quit();
Gtk::Notebook tabs();
Gtk::TextView text();
Gtk::Table tbl(3, 2, false);

I have all those widgets in main.cpp. I don't want to have to go and create 6 files, just to create those widgets.

cgroza
January 8th, 2012, 01:59 AM
The code that you provided does not even create widgets.
It only declares the some variable as being of a certain type.

theopfor
January 8th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I'm very confused then. So, in that case, how would I make whole programs, all in one file?

pbrane
January 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Have a look at this.
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/

theopfor
January 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks everyone!