PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Niggling LibreOffice highlighting "bug"... help please?

blackbird34
January 3rd, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi

I'm a student and i do a lot of highlighting documents in libreoffice. When i was on Office for Mac a while a go (on a Mac), it did not do what LibreOffice does now and which i find extremely annoying: everytime you have the little highlight pen activated, if you accidentally do a single click anywhere, it deactivates itself automatically.
With a trackpad (especially mine which is not particularly good, no longer the mac) this is a real pain. (M$ Office for mac didn't do that, which is why i used it when i had the chance).

Any help please??

Otherwise my 'Buntu and Linux rock :guitar:

Anstice
January 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I think that is just it's default behaviour. The way I have always the highlighting function is to highlight the text first then just click the highlighting button.

blackbird34
January 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
The thing is that that way of highlighting is very cumbersome if you are trying to be quick and do t almost as fast as you read, if the highlight tool that you've turned on goes off because you accidentally touched the touchpad wrong or something.
It is the default behaviour though, i've had libre and OOo for years...

Anything like firefox's about:config where it could be solved?