PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make flash videos play better

littleslayer15
January 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
My laptop isn't the best out their it only has a single core processor and 2 gigs of ram but I watch a lot of anime on my laptop (the websites I watch anime on are funimation.com and crunchyroll.com) but when I try to watch my videos they stutter not to bad, they are watchable but is there anyway to make them play better? oh and my internet browser is Google chrome it is the only thing I have open when I watch my video and I only have 1 tap open when watch the video.

whatthefunk
January 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Its probably your flash plugin. Which one do you have installed? Is it updated?

crazy bird
January 2nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
I think you haven't installed all the multimedia support correctly. Check here on how to add multimedia support: https://sites.google.com/site/tipsandtricksforubuntu/multimedia

littleslayer15
January 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I think you haven't installed all the multimedia support correctly. Check here on how to add multimedia support: https://sites.google.com/site/tipsandtricksforubuntu/multimedia

I installed everything that it told me to and I noticed a pretty big improvement but there is still an occasional stutter here and their but it isn't at the parts you would think because it isn't just at the fast movement parts

littleslayer15
January 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Its probably your flash plugin. Which one do you have installed? Is it updated?

I am not that good with ubuntu so how do I check what plugin it is and if it is updated?

littleslayer15
January 15th, 2012, 12:42 AM
bump

bgainey
February 26th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Well depending on what video player you are using you should be able to to edit the settings of the player. In any given player there should be a cfg file or a script if your lucky you will see it on the player depending on how old your computer's software is " meaning what is the system ur on " . The hardware you are using is not related to the problem if you say its fine while on the Internet . This topic needs more information besides this sorry cant tell you any more .

What player are you using and any information on it that can help would help.