PDA

View Full Version : I need a book that will teach me basic english (fast)

venom104
January 1st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Here is a short story of my current situation. I dropped out of high school in 9th grade (this was years and years ago) and I want to take a writing class. So I need to teach myself basic English by the time the class starts on January 14th.

Please give me the link to a book that I can use to satisfy my quest for knowledge. I have two requirements for the book,

it must be either

1)Torrentable
or
2)Have a cheap copy somewhere where I can buy it (earlier editions work fine!)

yugnip
January 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hah, you're english looks pretty good to me. You might try a thrift or used book store for a grammar textbook. Kinda nice to have around, and more than likely super cheap.

venom104
January 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hah, you're english looks pretty good to me. You might try a thrift or used book store for a grammar textbook. Kinda nice to have around, and more than likely super cheap.

You don't happen to know of any particular book? I like going by word of mouth when it comes to books.

syerges
January 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Your English is probably better than most that will be in your class. College has some pretty unintelligent people attending and the class will probably require an assortment of Grammer/Punctuation/Writing Technique books because of it.

fdrake
January 1st, 2012, 08:31 AM
the best way to learn a language is to read , a lot. chose any book , your favorite books (with a complex syntax if possible); may I suggest you to read "The analytic Freud: philosophy and psychoanalysis"by Michael Philip Levine (just joking :P).
You have 2 weeks just take your time and don't try to kill yourself before the due time...