PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Icons duplicate in Avant Window Navigator 0.4.1

Jonners59
December 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
My Ubuntu 11.10 Avant Window Navigator 0.4.1 install gets in to a mess and I can not fix it. On two machines I have similar issues with duplicated icons that I can not remove one without the other, whether the live application notification or application launcher. This is not a fixable and flexible as the old panels.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Frogs Hair
December 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Are using Awn and Unity at the same time or is this in Classic Gnome ? If this is in Unity the conflict has been discussed before , but I can't find any solutions . Awn is being used as an replacement for Unity , but I find little information about using them at the same time .

Jonners59
December 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
No, not classic. It is Unity (which I am quite vocal about not liking - a solution looking for a problem - and Awn.

Do you know how to turn one of them off?

Maybe the issue is in the config file, whereever that is?

Frogs Hair
December 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
I only know that this is a conflict with Unity and some people have solved the problem by using Cairo / GLX dock instead of Awn .

VTPoet
December 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
My Ubuntu 11.10 Avant Window Navigator 0.4.1 install gets in to a mess and I can not fix it. On two machines I have similar issues with duplicated icons that I can not remove one without the other, whether the live application notification or application launcher. This is not a fixable and flexible as the old panels.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm not sure what you're after, but take a look at this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1885315). Might be helpful?