PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

ratcheer
December 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I think this is weird, maybe someone can tell me what to do.

This morning, I decided it was time to change my wallpaper from a Fall look to Winter. I had been using one of the standard Oneiric wallpapers, the one of the sidewalk and park bench with all the Fall colors. So, I found a beautiful snowy scene on interfacelift.com and saved it to my Pictures directory. Then I used the Appearance applet to set it as my wallpaper.

I thought it worked without a hitch. But, when I went to breakfast and get dressed, then came back and the screen lock had kicked in, the background is still the Fall scene. When I entered my password and unlocked, it went back to my new Winter scene.

I would like it to also show the new wallpaper when the screen is locked. How should I do that?

Note that I am not talking about the LightDM background, which is still the standard bumpy purple screen.

Tim

ratcheer
December 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone?

Tim

thaelim
December 19th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing you haven't rebooted in the intervening time... You need to log out and back in for the screensaver wallpaper to update.

ratcheer
December 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I'm guessing you haven't rebooted in the intervening time... You need to log out and back in for the screensaver wallpaper to update.

That was it. Thanks very much, thaelim.