PDA

View Full Version : Unity version of gnome-desktop.org?

Robertjm
December 17th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Hi all,

Recently installed Precise Pangolin and am using the Unity desktop. One thing is it seems there are only a handfull of desktops available so I wanted to see about installing an alternative.

When I was using Gnome 2.x with Lucid Lynx I could go to gnome-look.org and have a ton of choices. Since the KDE version is called kde-look.org I logically figured there must be a unity-look.org. But, that appears not to be the case.

Is there a large repository somewhere that people have posted their Unity desktop themes to that isn't coming up when I search through Google?

Or, can anyone recommend a good website with tutorials on building your own custom theme?

Thanks!

Robert

bluexrider
December 18th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Well, Unity is a relatively new desktop. Not a lot of development yet.

Robertjm
December 18th, 2011, 06:12 PM
True, but in the what it's worth department, Frank Karlitscheck has the domain unity-look.org registered just like gnome-look.org and kde-look.org, AND he has had that registered since 2002! I sent him an email to see what, if any, work is being done on that.

Robert

Dry Lips
December 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM
True, but in the what it's worth department, Frank Karlitscheck has the domain unity-look.org registered just like gnome-look.org and kde-look.org, AND he has had that registered since 2002! I sent him an email to see what, if any, work is being done on that.

Robert

Wot? Since 2002? That's even longer than Ubuntu has been around. As far as I know Ubuntu was launched in 2004. :confused:

Robertjm
December 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM
My bad. It was gnome-look.org that was created in 2002. Unity-look.org was created late last yearn

http://www.betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?verification=5321&domain=unity-look.org&submitbtn=Continue

Wot? Since 2002? That's even longer than Ubuntu has been around. As far as I know Ubuntu was launched in 2004. :confused: