PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Encode x264/XviD ?

hlmasterchief93
December 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Ok, so im total newbie here and i cant get the path to follow :D
I want to encode my movies (format DVD/...) to x264/XviD. Is there any solution out there ?
Thanks everyone :P

PS: I like ubuntu so much :KS

jerome1232
December 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I personally love handbrake, you will need to install libdvdread4 to be able to read encrypted dvd's if you are trying to backup dvd's you have purchased.

There is also dvd::rip, acidrip, thogemrip, vlc, and probably a few others wich can transcode dvd format to various codecs.

Paqman
December 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Are you encoding it for a specific device? I'm a huge fan of Arista (apt:arista). It has a ton of presets, so you don't need to fidle with settings. You just tell it what format type of device you'd like to play back on and it spits it out in the right format. It also has presets for some generic formats such as netbooks and desktops.

anewguy
December 16th, 2011, 10:59 PM
+1 for handbrake

hlmasterchief93
December 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I personally love handbrake, you will need to install libdvdread4 to be able to read encrypted dvd's if you are trying to backup dvd's you have purchased.

There is also dvd::rip, acidrip, thogemrip, vlc, and probably a few others wich can transcode dvd format to various codecs.

+1 for handbrake
I checked this one. A good one but it seems not support XviD and NeroAAC encoder. Thank you :P

Are you encoding it for a specific device? I'm a huge fan of Arista (apt:arista). It has a ton of presets, so you don't need to fidle with settings. You just tell it what format type of device you'd like to play bacyek on and it spits it out in the right format. It also has presets for some generic formats such as netbooks and desktops.
This one is quite good, but not my purpose, thanks :P