PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.10 wlan reconnect slow after sleep. HP mini 210.

daathi
December 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Newly installed 11.10, WLAN does connect always after sleep, but it happens quite slowly. This behaviour also happened with 11.04, but at that time I found a fix from the net, I'm not able to find it anymore. HW is HP Mini 210-1023. Has anyone faced the same problem?

daathi
December 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
This was it, but it doesn't seem to have any effect in 11.10: http://askubuntu.com/questions/19171/slow-wireless-reconnect-after-suspend .

If anyone knows a solution, please share! We use suspend in our mini a lot every day, so it's quite frustrating always to wait for the WLAN to connect.

fittzwing
September 7th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I have the same problem with an HP TM 2-2150 tablet laptop and Lubuntu 12.04. The wireless is excruciatingly slow (minutes) in reconnecting after suspend. Editing etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf to change [ifupdown] managed=false to [ifupdown] managed=true helped speed up connection on reboot, but had no effect on coming out of suspend. I have a Broadcom wireless card with additional driver activated.