PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Deja Dup - Over WAN?

Roasted
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Hi there. I'm moving out in a few weeks. It would be nice to take the file server with me even though I am not in need of it, mostly because it would be easier for me to manage and oversee. Currently the file server is access by both XP clients and Ubuntu clients. On XP, they use SyncBack SE and on Ubuntu they use Deja Dup.

I'm curious about Deja Dup in particular with how I can utilize it over the WAN. I have to assume the traditional "Smb" shares won't fly over the WAN and I'll likely have to use SSH. But where do I start?

I have to assume I need to forward my file server's IP address through my router with the SSH port in my new house. But what about the multiple clients behind the router at my parent's house? How would that work?

Also, within Deja Dup, what would I put in for the server address? I assume that would be the external IP of my new house's IP that the ISP provided?

I'm just trying to iron out a decent way to utilize something simple like Deja Dup to back their files up to my file server at my house. Any additional insight is appreciated.

Roasted
December 11th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Anybody?

Roasted
December 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
nothing?

Roasted
December 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM
bump. :(

Roasted
December 29th, 2011, 03:56 PM
^^^^^^

Roasted
January 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Roasted
January 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
So, if I were to forward my file server via SSH through my router, and point the Ubuntu systems using Deja Dup to back up to my external IP, would that do the trick over the WAN?