PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Drag Dash Icons into Unity Launcher

mxndrwgrdnr
December 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I used to be able to do this without issue, after upgrade to ubuntu 11.10 I can no longer simply drag an icon from the dash into the launcher. In fact, when I grab an icon and move the mouse, the icon appears to blurred as if it was located BEHIND the dash (I use a blurred dash background). When I then hover over the launcher, the other icons move apart is if to make room for the new icon, but when I release the right-click, nothing happens. SOMETHING AIN"T RIGHT.

BC59
December 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
No you cannot do that. The way to add something to the launcher is first open the app and while it's open and has icon on the launcher, right click-->keep in launcher.

For the applications you cannot do that I have a trick, I don't know if it's official. Create a hidden folder on ~/home with the name e.g. /.links. Then drag and drop inside the application icon you like to add to the launcher. After that, drag and drop again the icon to the launcher. It stays there and to the .links folder. Don't delete it from this folder because you lose it from the launcher.