PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the theme?

Shabakthanai
December 8th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Kubuntu 11.04
KDE 4.7.2
Mythbuntu 0.63-Oubuntu1
pcHDTV HD-5500 Tuner card

My TV works beautifully, I have not learned how to save movies or programs yet, and would like to configure the theme of my Media Center before I continue. As a Kubuntu operator for a few years, I prefer the aesthetics of the blues over the browns of Ubuntu. I would like my Mythbuntu application to conform.

In /usr/share/mythtv/themes, I have the following themes apparently available: BlackCurves-OSD, Childish, classic, default, default-wide, defaultmenu, DVR, Gray-OSD, mediacentermenu, metallurgy, Mythbuntu, MythCenter, MythCenter-wide, Slave, and Terra. My preference would be MythCenter-wide. My monitor is a ViewSonic 27.5, 16 x 9. My second choice would be Childish.

I have been searching for several days for a tutorial on how to make the change and cannot find anything.

Either I do not understand the configuration packages well enough to follow them, or do not have the correct GUI installed. Has anyone had success and is able to point me to the proper packages, tutorials, information sources to make these changes? Thanks!

J.H.
December 8th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You have to be in the MythTV gui.

Utilities / Setup -> Setup -> Appearance.

Shabakthanai
December 8th, 2011, 06:58 AM
You have to be in the MythTV gui.

Utilities / Setup -> Setup -> Appearance.

This truly must be what I have been looking for. Since I am a kubuntu user, I looked in our application manager to find the mythtv gui you mention. It is not there.

To be sure I am looking in the right place, allow me to show you the path I was looking for the application: Kmenu>Applications>Utilities>[the only myth application in the list is 'Mythbuntu Log Grabber'. None of the choices seemed to apply.] Where might I find the GUI you are referring?

nickrout
December 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
the gui he is talking about is mythfrontend.

Please stop your multi coloured posts. The quoting system is sufficient for everyone else.

Shabakthanai
December 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM
the gui he is talking about is mythfrontend.

Please stop your multi coloured posts. The quoting system is sufficient for everyone else.

Sorry, I thought it would be useful.

Shabakthanai
December 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
This truly must be what I have been looking for. Since I am a kubuntu user, I looked in our application manager to find the mythtv gui you mention. It is not there.

To be sure I am looking in the right place, allow me to show you the path I was looking for the application: Kmenu>Applications>Utilities>[the only myth application in the list is 'Mythbuntu Log Grabber'. None of the choices seemed to apply.] Where might I find the GUI you are referring?

Today, several updates came in and I now have the option you mentioned. I have had a small new problem that I am sure I created, but I am unable to correct the problem.

My 27" monitor has a 3600 x 1080 configuration. When first I was trying themes, I also was attempting to get used to the new options offered. I somehow initially had a 1920 x 1080 configuration which allowed the screen content to properly fill the window. Whatever I did that made the screen change to 3600 x 1080 has caused a large portion of the content of the screen to no longer be viewable.

I have continued fiddling with setting and adjustments, however can't seem to find the one that will reset to 1920 x 1080. Thanks!

Ignore this last comment, I was able to correct the problem. I am not sure which setting, because most of the explanation was off screen, but the check box still remained in view. I believe un-checking an item resolved the problem. Sorry I can't be more specific. Thanks for your patience and attention.