PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Groom's Cake

libssd
December 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Our neighbors got married yesterday. The groom's cake was AWESOME (but perhaps 5 people out of 100 knew what it was). Sorry for poor image quality: low light, iPod Touch camera, but good enough to get the idea.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MU7DmE-D6wo/TtviH9_GgUI/AAAAAAAAAy8/tE2AyP2-HIQ/s640/photo%2B1.JPG

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zc-BXUJXNw0/TtviJAtoXHI/AAAAAAAAAzE/eacd7KETeYY/s640/photo%2B3.JPG

Copper Bezel
December 4th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Aw, that's perfect. <3 Nice execution. Are the bits at the corners fruit, nuts? It looks like they're matched to the colors in the Circle of Friends graphic.

Megaptera
December 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome!

libssd
December 4th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Aw, that's perfect. <3 Nice execution. Are the bits at the corners fruit, nuts? It looks like they're matched to the colors in the Circle of Friends graphic.

The corner decorations are strawberries and grapes, I think. It was a chocolate cake with a peanut butter layer, so I didn't actually eat any. Actually, too bad such a beautiful job of decoration had to be cut up. The idea came from the bride, and neither of them had seen the cake until the reception.

trinux_bc
December 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
awesome!

+1

KiwiNZ
December 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Words fail me.

Iloru
December 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Oh, neat! I've been thinking of having a geeky cake when I renew my vows, so maybe we'll have to make it a Linux cake!

TekMaster
December 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Wow! That's quite awesome! Maybe an orange, yellow and red tux to go with it would be cool. Or just the traditional "penguin" tux would be significant too :D

cgroza
December 5th, 2011, 12:08 AM
A Linux enthusiast couple! How interesting! :P

collisionystm
December 5th, 2011, 12:10 AM
as cool as i would like to think this is, I am just frightened that anyone would go that for to include computers in their wedding. Get a life!

Copper Bezel
December 5th, 2011, 12:47 AM
It's a groom's cake. As I understand it, there's a trend wherein they tend to be frivolous and generally relate to some odd hobby or another. Trout-shaped and train-shaped and things, like a child's birthday cake.