PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of my blog?

Thehumorouscheese
December 4th, 2011, 03:16 PM
for the mods:

TO MAKE IT CLEAR - i am NOT looking for cheap views - i am only looking for constructive critism and comments.

here's a link to an example of one of my articles:

http://orly-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/dell-1018-review.html

BC59
December 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
You could write an article about Ubuntu new version.

CharlesA
December 4th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Layout is decent.

Looks a bit better then my site. ;)

Thehumorouscheese
December 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Layout is decent.

Looks a bit better then my site. ;)

can i have a link?

:)

CharlesA
December 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
can i have a link?

:)
http://charlesa.net

Dangertux
December 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Layout's all right -- I wouldn't have put ads on it quite yet, I would wait until you get more content. I feel like there isn't much other than ads.

Keep it up, though -- maybe review open source software (it would be easy since you don't actually have to buy anything , just a thought)

Also on the header image you might want to edit it a little better the white background is visibly not completely removed and kinda makes it look a little sloppy.

Hope that helps.

Thehumorouscheese
December 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Layout's all right -- I wouldn't have put ads on it quite yet, I would wait until you get more content. I feel like there isn't much other than ads.

Keep it up, though -- maybe review open source software (it would be easy since you don't actually have to buy anything , just a thought)

Also on the header image you might want to edit it a little better the white background is visibly not completely removed and kinda makes it look a little sloppy.

Hope that helps.

the sloppy cropping was a problem due to the fact that the backround in that photo was also white, and no matter what tolerance I set the magic wand tool at, i always either ended up with that white crap, or cutting into the computer screen.
the tolerance I eventually chose minimized the white crap.

i'm currently photoshopping a new one with a different screen (hopefull a gif cycling through lots of screens with fists going through them)

thanks for your feedback :)

IWantFroyo
December 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM
You definitely have some talent. Keep it up!

I have a blog, but lately I haven't had enough time to continue the site. I scrapped the old version and I'm starting over come winter break.

Thehumorouscheese
December 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM
i have too much spare time this christmas, so i'll guess i'll be able to spend a while on my blog.

i'm also planning to try video reviews in the nearfuture.

thanks again guys :D

i sometimes wonder why you guys don't do a collaboratory blog <???>

Dangertux
December 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM
i have too much spare time this christmas, so i'll guess i'll be able to spend a while on my blog.

i'm also planning to try video reviews in the nearfuture.

thanks again guys :D

i sometimes wonder why you guys don't do a collaboratory blog <???>

Videos are huge, for some reason everyone goes to a blog to watch videos instead of reading lol. I think they would help your traffic alot. Especially for reviews, people like to see products in action before they buy them.

Also on the collaboratory blog that idea has crossed my mind MULTIPLE times and I think it would be really cool to have a bunch of different Ubuntu users with different experiences writing about different aspects of the community/OS ...Oh wait...They have that lol : http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/