PDA

View Full Version : Dual Boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on Two Hard Drives

effenberg0x0
November 30th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Once installed, load up EasyBCD and select Add New Entry tab. Select the Linux/BSD, and select GRUB2 from the Type menu. Change the name field to the edition of Ubuntu you installed, and then select Add Entry. Select the Edit Boot Menu button to check your results. If everything is correct, exit out of EasyBCD. Restart your computer and see if Ubuntu is in the boot menu for Windows 7. If you've followed this guide, then everything will work perfectly. Congratulations, you now have a system that can boot both Windows 7 and Ubuntu on two different hard drives!
<snip>

You're kidding.

cariboo907
November 30th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Once installed, load up EasyBCD and select Add New Entry tab. Select the Linux/BSD, and select GRUB2 from the Type menu. Change the name field to the edition of Ubuntu you installed, and then select Add Entry. Select the Edit Boot Menu button to check your results. If everything is correct, exit out of EasyBCD. Restart your computer and see if Ubuntu is in the boot menu for Windows 7. If you've followed this guide, then everything will work perfectly. Congratulations, you now have a system that can boot both Windows 7 and Ubuntu on two different hard drives!
iphone (http://iphonereleases.com/)

It's way easier just to let grub detect your operating systems. I currently triple boot Precise, Oneiric and Windows 8. I let grub do all the dirty work. :)

Currently the Windows 8 entry says Window Recovery Partition, but I can't be bothered to change it, as I don't boot into Windows often enough to worry about it.

cariboo907
November 30th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I didn't notice the spam in the first post :(, now it's gone, so thread closed.