PDA

View Full Version : How to configure mythbuntu?

xwang
November 21st, 2011, 11:23 PM
Hi to all!
I've just installed Mythbuntu.
I've not found yet how to configure the audio level since it is very low.
Moreover I would like to use myth to see my media file (which are on an external hard disk), but I don't know how to configure it to search files in the hard disk.
Can you help me?
Thank you,
Xwang

PhilWig
November 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Hi Xwang,
two things to do:

1. run alsamixer in a terminal session.
set master and line volumes up with +.
Escape out

2. Set volume sliders in frontend>setup>general

Best wishes.
Phil

xwang
November 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Xwang,
two things to do:

1. run alsamixer in a terminal session.
set master and line volumes up with +.
Escape out

2. Set volume sliders in frontend>setup>general

Best wishes.
Phil

Thank you!
Xwang

PS Can you explain me how to add files to the Media Library?

nickrout
December 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thank you!
Xwang

PS Can you explain me how to add files to the Media Library?

I assume you mean mythvideo. If not ignore the following and explain yourself better.

Add your video files to the path myth expects to find videos in, by defaukt in mythbuntu it is /var/lib/mythtv/videos [1]

Then go to mythvideo and press the menu key (m by default) and choose scan.

[1] alternatively set the video path in storage groups setup in mythtv-setup to the directory where you choose your videos, amke sure permissions and ownerships are appropriate and then scan as above.

xwang
December 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
I assume you mean mythvideo. If not ignore the following and explain yourself better.

Add your video files to the path myth expects to find videos in, by defaukt in mythbuntu it is /var/lib/mythtv/videos [1]

Then go to mythvideo and press the menu key (m by default) and choose scan.

[1] alternatively set the video path in storage groups setup in mythtv-setup to the directory where you choose your videos, amke sure permissions and ownerships are appropriate and then scan as above.

Thank you!
Xwang

romerje
April 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=nickrout;11503170]I assume you mean mythvideo. If not ignore the following and explain yourself better.

can change everything to direct my videos to the right place....but I do not have a menu choice on the main myth menu for "videos" I have media library -->music, pictures, search internet and browse internet...nothing for videos. Can you direct me somewhere or tell me how to add that menu choice? Thanks

williammanda
April 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=nickrout;11503170]I assume you mean mythvideo. If not ignore the following and explain yourself better.

can change everything to direct my videos to the right place....but I do not have a menu choice on the main myth menu for "videos" I have media library -->music, pictures, search internet and browse internet...nothing for videos. Can you direct me somewhere or tell me how to add that menu choice? Thanks

What version of mythtv are you using?

nickrout
April 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM

Sort your quoting out.

Sounds like you don't have mythvideo installed.

sudo apt-get install mythvideo