PDA

View Full Version : Cursor Bug

cmcanulty
November 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Since 11.10 the customize cursor is broken. The option for size and color still exist but don't work. I have tried it onn Unity, Gnome Shell and several window managers Please fix so cursor is OK for people with poor eyesight.This may seem minor but is a major issue for me.

effenberg0x0
November 21st, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hi, it will probably be fixed as accessibility options are considered priority. Yet, I suggest you open a launchpad bug report, just to remind Developers of that (they rarely visit here).

As a workaround: On Unity, if you are running compiz (Ubuntu Session, not Ubuntu 2D), you could use the Compiz plugins named "Enhanced Zoom Desktop" and "Show Mouse".

On the first one, you can configure any Mouse, Keyboard combination to increase or decrease the screen zoom at a particular area. It's very easy to use.

On the second one, you can define a circular pattern to be drawn constantly around the mouse cursor, making it easier to see it's exact position in screen

To be able to configure these plugins, you need CompizConfig-Settings-Manager installed. You can install it using Ubuntu Software Center or, at a Terminal window, type sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager and then look for ccsm in the dash.

cmcanulty
November 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thank you it just seems odd that a nbew interface was released with many of the customizations looking like they are usable bbut are not.