PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kile

mavenuparker
November 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Kile doesn't get started and every time I try to start it shows up this window. It works fine when I open it as a root( but it is difficult to edit the files later) and also as a Guest( by logging out and signing in as a guest).

Please help me

PaulW2U
November 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Take a look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9964457.

It suggests that one of the configuration files in your home folder might have its permissions set incorrectly which is why you can run kile as root or as another user. It has been marked as 'solved' so it might offer the solution you are looking for.

mavenuparker
November 22nd, 2011, 02:45 AM
kile when initiated through terminal gives this output, which doesnt look like a permission issue.

maven@maven-PIG31T:~$ kile
Connected to accessibility bus at: "unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-4xVgIZowho,guid=06b6502e82e049ddc7ff246d00000092"
Registered DEC: true
kile(3162)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libkonsolepart.so"
Invalid parent: 0x956e200 Kile(0xbfb1701c)
Requesting child objects for an interface that is a virtual child itself.
Invalid parent: 0x97f58a8 QToolBox(0x91fee10)
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 1
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 2
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 3
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 4
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 5
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 6
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 7
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 8
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 9
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 10
QSpiAdaptor::getChild INVALID CHILD: QToolBox(0x91fee10) 11
ASSERT: "interface->childCount() == children.count()" in file adaptor.cpp, line 200
KCrash: Application 'kile' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/maven/.kde/socket-maven-PIG31T/kdeinit4__0

[1]+ Stopped kile
maven@maven-PIG31T:~$ QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 23 and type 'Read', disabling...

mavenuparker
November 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Someone please help, its really important :(

krige
November 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

mavenuparker
December 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
No.
I've installed TexMaker for completing my work.

orestesmas
December 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Kile doesn't get started and every time I try to start it shows up this window. It works fine when I open it as a root( but it is difficult to edit the files later) and also as a Guest9 bu logging out and signing in as a guest).

Please help me

When you are root you are using a different user configuration, so that suggest a problem with your user's kile configuration. Try deleting it, which is located at /home/maven/.kde/share/config/kilerc

Kile will recreate it (with default values) at next start. If you made heavy customizations to kile perhaps you would like to make a backup copy of the configuration file before deleting it.

krige
December 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
When you are root you are using a different user configuration, so that suggest a problem with your user's kile configuration. Try deleting it, which is located at /home/maven/.kde/share/config/kilerc

Kile will recreate it (with default values) at next start. If you made heavy customizations to kile perhaps you would like to make a backup copy of the configuration file before deleting it.

I have tried that but didn't work. Kile keeps crashing at start up.

orestesmas
December 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Mmm.. Well, the fact Kile works when you're logged in as a different user definitely suggests (at least to me) a configuration problem, maybe of the KDE itself.

Please, try another thing: try to rename your entire (hidden) ".kde" directory to, for instance, ".kde-backup". Then log out and log in again. KDE will create a new fresh .kde directory with default values. Sure, you are going to temporarily lose the configuration of your KDE apps, but if you are now able to start kile then the problem is a configuration one.

You can restore your configuration simply renaming ".kde-backup" to ".kde" again.

krige
December 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mmm.. Well, the fact Kile works when you're logged in as a different user definitely suggests (at least to me) a configuration problem, maybe of the KDE itself.

Please, try another thing: try to rename your entire (hidden) ".kde" directory to, for instance, ".kde-backup". Then log out and log in again. KDE will create a new fresh .kde directory with default values. Sure, you are going to temporarily lose the configuration of your KDE apps, but if you are now able to start kile then the problem is a configuration one.

You can restore your configuration simply renaming ".kde-backup" to ".kde" again.

Thanks for the help!

I am the only user of a machine with Ubuntu Desktop 64c 11.10 freshly installed (not an upgrade). I never succeeded in running Kile, I had no configuration previously stored.

I deleted the .kde/ directory. After I run Kile I see the .kde/ directory is recreated but the application keeps crashing at startup with the same error.