PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to move a program from CD to pendrive (to install on netbook)?

swarup
November 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I've got 11.10 installed on a netbook, and want to install a program on it which I have on a CD. It is actually a windows program, which I have installed on many Ubuntu machines using wine. I used the Brasero disc burner to create an image of the CD on a pendrive-- but the only thing I seem to be able to do with that image is to make another cd using it. I want to be able to use the info on the pendrive as if it were a cd i.e. to be able to install the program it contains on my netbook. What form does it need to be in, and how to make it?

MG&TL
November 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Edited for stupidity

Espera
November 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
If its not something you need to boot the unetbootin will be pointless.
Im assuming that 1: you've made a .iso of the program you want
and that 2: its already on your pendrive

if thats the case then just drag and drop the .iso on to the home folder or wherever you want it to be then once its on your netbooks hdd right click and make sure you use Archive mounter. It should then make that .iso act like a cd in a drive and you can navigate what information is on the .iso from there.

MG&TL
November 18th, 2011, 09:03 PM
If its not something you need to boot the unetbootin will be pointless.
Im assuming that 1: you've made a .iso of the program you want
and that 2: its already on your pendrive

if thats the case then just drag and drop the .iso on to the home folder or wherever you want it to be then once its on your netbooks hdd right click and make sure you use Archive mounter. It should then make that .iso act like a cd in a drive and you can navigate what information is on the .iso from there.

Oh. Oops, yeah, that. ;)