PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lexmark S301 wireless printer problems

meangrizzly
November 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Hello, I am completely new to unbuntu and am just trying to get everything installed. Its on a laptop [ Dell Latitude D610 ] with a Lexmark S310 wireless printer, and I still have win xp installed too in case I cant figure this os out. I finally got connected to wireless network and apparently I did get thecorrect printer drivers for unbuntu installed because the printer shows up in PRINTERS folder with a check mark. But when I try to print something nothing happens. I have like 20 docs waiting to be printed. Im not sure but I think I dont have the software for the printer loaded into unbuntu. I tried to load it with the disk but I just get an error msg. I went to lexmark.com but they only have the drivers not the software. Im not sure if its related but Ive noticed when I download and install anything, as soon as it finishes downloading I get an error code, but when I close the error msg the program is usually installed. Again I am complete newb in this OS so if you can help please, make it step by step and simple. Thanks in advance.

WRCKID
November 17th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hello, I am completely new to unbuntu and am just trying to get everything installed. Its on a laptop [ Dell Latitude D610 ] with a Lexmark S310 wireless printer, and I still have win xp installed too in case I cant figure this os out. I finally got connected to wireless network and apparently I did get thecorrect printer drivers for unbuntu installed because the printer shows up in PRINTERS folder with a check mark. But when I try to print something nothing happens. I have like 20 docs waiting to be printed. Im not sure but I think I dont have the software for the printer loaded into unbuntu. I tried to load it with the disk but I just get an error msg. I went to lexmark.com but they only have the drivers not the software. Im not sure if its related but Ive noticed when I download and install anything, as soon as it finishes downloading I get an error code, but when I close the error msg the program is usually installed. Again I am complete newb in this OS so if you can help please, make it step by step and simple. Thanks in advance.

This is not exactly the same model of the printer you are asking about but you might want to start there.

I had a similar issue however when installing the Lexmark software, from what I've seen the software is worthless, not sure error message you are getting since you do not specify it, I encountered an error message when I attempted to install the software, but it was fixed with the link below. I configured the printer by adding it through the wizard, and removing the printer that the software installed.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1651551&highlight=lexmark+printer+s305

Hope this helps...