PDA

View Full Version : Sports Health and Fitness Section

Bandit
November 6th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Thought it would be cool if there was a Sports Health and Fitness or just a Sports and Fitness section under the Off Topics section for threads that pertain to Sports, Sports Health and Fitness.
Many of us spend so much time around the computer that a little fitness talk and advice could help many of us make some healthier decisions and such like stop posting on the forums for 30 mins a day and do some cardio.. :)

Just a thought, Anandtech has such a section thought it would be great if Ubuntu Forums did also.

Thanks Everyone,

Joe

bapoumba
November 6th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thought it would be cool if there was a Sports Health and Fitness or just a Sports and Fitness section under the Off Topics section for threads that pertain to Sports, Sports Health and Fitness.
Many of us spend so much time around the computer that a little fitness talk and advice could help many of us make some healthier decisions and such like stop posting on the forums for 30 mins a day and do some cardio.. :)

Just a thought, Anandtech has such a section thought it would be great if Ubuntu Forums did also.

Thanks Everyone,

Joe
I'm stopping right now and go running :)

More seriously, we do have a large number of categories already.

marin123
November 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Well, we can always open a thread with gazillion of posts...
And I can start by saying that it's raining today and I can't go for a bike ride :(
What sports do you do?

Bandit
November 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm stopping right now and go running :)

More seriously, we do have a large number of categories already.
Yes there are a number of categories already, I agree with that. But was hoping there was room for one more to prevent what marin123 mentioned below, a thread with a billion post. :D

Well, we can always open a thread with gazillion of posts...
And I can start by saying that it's raining today and I can't go for a bike ride :(
What sports do you do?

I say I am getting back into weight lifting and body building. But after being at 269 pounds this summer and down to 224 pounds now, I still got a long way before looking like a body builder. I do lift weights 4 days a week and do cardio 6 days a week while sticking to a tight diet I designed myself to work for my bodies needs. My goal is to be around 200 pounds and %10-15 body fat by the end of December if these festive holiday meals dont kill me first. Then by the start of summer I want to hit 180lbs and %5 body fat. My over all goal is to eventually get to 200lbs and %5 body fat. But that may take two years from this post.

I was hoping a forum category such as the one I recommended could help promote better health within the community since many computer users such as myself tend to spend to much time around the keyboard and less outdoors. This has the potential to show the community that Ubuntu does care about users health and lets users offer advice that could possible turn someones life around for the better.

V/R,
Joe

haqking
November 6th, 2011, 09:40 PM
and then where does it stop.

gardening, pottery, mountain biking, music ad nauseum ad infinitum

the Cafe is already there where all the non support related topics go.

bapoumba
November 6th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Yes there are a number of categories already, I agree with that. But was hoping there was room for one more to prevent what marin123 mentioned below, a thread with a billion post. :D

Yes I understand, so do the guitar players and the music lovers.
I wish you well and hope you'll be in perfect health conditions for the next billion years :)

Bandit
November 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Yes I understand, so do the guitar players and the music lovers.
I wish you well and hope you'll be in perfect health conditions for the next billion years :)

LOL all good..

Yea like to see that music section also.. :D

lisati
November 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM
and then where does it stop.

gardening, pottery, mountain biking, music ad nauseum ad infinitum

the Cafe is already there where all the non support related topics go.

+1 for suggesting using the Cafe.