PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 10.10 Failed

highstandard
November 4th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I recently tried to upgrade from 10.4 to 10.10. Everything seemed to be going OK until the system hung and rebooted by itself. When it starts it shows the Ubuntu 10.4 text and boots into the desktop. The only things that appear are the cursor in the middle of the screen and the a blank grey taskbar at the bottom that flashes intermittently. I cannot move the cursor. Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Is there a system restore option somewhere like windows? Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

dileepm
November 4th, 2011, 08:16 AM
There is an system repair option in the boot menu, press Esc if u have no dual boot on boot.

Script Warlock
November 4th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I recently tried to upgrade from 10.4 to 10.10. Everything seemed to be going OK until the system hung and rebooted by itself. When it starts it shows the Ubuntu 10.4 text and boots into the desktop. The only things that appear are the cursor in the middle of the screen and the a blank grey taskbar at the bottom that flashes intermittently. I cannot move the cursor. Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Is there a system restore option somewhere like windows? Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

you might try repairing at recovery mode and drop to shell and type this sudo dpkg --configure -a