PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] laptop proccessor??

wafa1230
November 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'm really horrible with technology...I'm buying a new laptop and I know I need at least a dual processor. On the websites I'm looking for laptops on they give the name of the processor but that's just gibberish to me.. Can you please give me a little more insight on what each of the following mean?

1. Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.0GHz)
2. Intel Core i3-2310M (2.1GHz)
3. Intel Core i5-2410M (2.3GHz)
4. AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6520M Graphics (2.3GHz)
5. AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M Accelerated Processor (2.4GHz)

Seriously, I have no idea. Any information and/or opinions would be great...like does your computer have any of those processors and what do you think of it and are any of those dual processors???

Computer hardware Business (http://www.businessideas.pk/computer-hardware-business/)

PartsMan
November 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
All of those have plenty of power for Ubuntu and most of the available apps.

Four 2.4ghz cores are much faster than two at 2.0ghz.

I like AMD. They usually come with better graphics.

aeronutt
November 1st, 2011, 04:48 PM
I have an Intel i3 on my laptop. Dual core, 4 threads. Does everything I need pretty well. Runs all the lastest desktops (Unity, G-shell, etc) w/o a hitch. If you're rendering video's or such, there are better solutions.

FYI, I also bought a discrete graphics card (AMD) but have never gotten that to work in Ubunutu, so if I had it all to do over, I'd buy either the i5 or i7, and not get discrete grapphics.