PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu freezing

Ymurti
November 1st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Please help, I am trying to install Ubuntu in a netbook Acer Aspire One 722 CPU AMD Dual-core Processor C-50 (1.0 GHz) 2 GB DDR3 Memory.
First I tried to install Ubuntu 11.04 it worked for 1 day and began to freeze. I downloaded de iso of Ubuntu 11.10 in another computer, did a USB stick with the iso and installed it after have unistalled Ubuntu 11.04
Ubuntu 11.10 also is freezing after 2-5 minutes after login in.

It is very frustrating :(

Please help!

Ymurti
November 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Please some help?

nothingspecial
November 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
The recommended amount of time between bumps is 24 hours.

Johnny3
November 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
You could try disabling your sound card in BIOS. If you installed a different video drive that the default one go back to the default driver. When you boot up hold the shift key down and boot in a different mode. Also before you installed ubuntu did you do a check disk for errors first or run a I think scum check?
Good Luck and God Bless Johnny3 65++

little_penguin
November 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
I had the same problem trying to run the standard desktop version of Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10 on my netbook (Samsung N140). I think the specs are just too low to handle it, so I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix, which is more geared to these devices. I don't see freezing now and if it does happen, it's usually due to overheating. Perhaps you could try installing the netbook edition.

Ymurti
November 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
I had the same problem trying to run the standard desktop version of Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10 on my netbook (Samsung N140). I think the specs are just too low to handle it, so I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix, which is more geared to these devices. I don't see freezing now and if it does happen, it's usually due to overheating. Perhaps you could try installing the netbook edition.

Thank You little_penguin and all of you that answered my thead. The problem is solved I have installed Ubuntu Netbook and it is working fine. :D

little_penguin
November 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Thank You little_penguin and all of you that answered my thead. The problem is solved I have installed Ubuntu Netbook and it is working fine. :D

You're welcome :)