PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please check my Perms, after I have reset them.

mikodo
October 31st, 2011, 11:28 PM
I messed up my permissions, on my external Hard drive I use for backups and with my internal Hard drive. I reset them where I think they should be.

Below is a screenshot of them. (I hope somebody in the know, can see them and respond).

I don't know any commands to show these to you, hence this format.

Left to right:

The first file system, shows the external hard drive with the backintime permissions window.

The second file system is my internal hard drive, with /home permissions; /home/mikodo permissions; /home/mikodo/Documents permissions; and finally /home/mikodo/Documents/Bash (a file).

See the screeshot below:

Thank you.

Actually, all the permissions are set in a similar fashion. See the second screenshot. I am hoping it easier to see.

crossedout
November 1st, 2011, 02:34 AM
Hey Mikodo,

I compared your screenshots with the stock install of 11.10 I recently did and the only difference is the Group permissions.

Group on stock are 'Access Files'. Besides that everything looks typical. I also don't see any particular issue in leaving your group permissions as is.

Hope that helps.

-Xout

mikodo
November 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
Hey Mikodo,

I compared your screenshots with the stock install of 11.10 I recently did and the only difference is the Group permissions.

Group on stock are 'Access Files'. Besides that everything looks typical. I also don't see any particular issue in leaving your group permissions as is.

Hope that helps.

-Xout
Thank you for the searching and response. I have been on#ubuntu IRC and have changed the Group to access too!